Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Festive Season (a)

I was at a hypermarket 1030hrs 4 days before Lebaran and the queue at every cashiers is like 50metres long. There are so many cashiers and yet so many customers.
If I am the store owner I will be laughing all the way to the bank!

Why do people shop last minutes? 4 days before?
What were they doing 2 weeks before?
Don't they have to clean or decorate the house?
Don't they have to start on their journey to go back to their kampung?
Or mabe they are shopping to bring those items back to their kampungs...
Can't we get those items also in the kampung?

It can't possibly be that all those people are the original city folks who has to shop fearing no food during the long break?

I am a city folk and staying around for Lebaran, I am not panicing because I know the Hypermarket opens at 1300 on the first day. There is no need to panic.
Good reliable Hypermarket...we can always count on you during the festive season.

As today is the first day of Lebaran, we are celebrating with steamboat dinner tonight...and also icecream.